Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
23-p027c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Driver error. Attempted update and rollback. Only keys that work are volume, mail, pc on/off, and calculator.

All other key down function. Attempted multiple working wireless keyboards that work on other computer. Wireless mouse works fine. Get code 39

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Warlord

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's run the test:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click Component Tests.

Click Keyboard Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Also, let's uninstall and reinstall Keyboard drivers:

Go to the Start Menu, open the Control Panel and click on Device Manager, expand Keyboards, right click the drive and select uninstall.  Do not delete drivers if asked.  When the device has uninstalled click on the 'Scan for Hardware Changes' icon. Restart the Laptop.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have followed your instruction. The test resulted in no error codes.

Uninstalled driver. Once I "scan for hardware changes" I get the same icon with keyboard with small triangle with an ! Mark inside.

Still no use of standard keys. I have attempted several working keyboards 

Please advise.

Thank you for help.

HP Recommended

@Warlord
thank you for posting back. 

Let's try these steps:

• On your, Key Board press Windows key + X 
  • Press M to open Device Manager 
  • Expand Keyboards
  • Right-click on the current keyboard driver
  • Click Properties 
  • Click on the Driver tab 
  • Click on Rollback driver if the option is available

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

The only functional keyboard is the touchscreen on the monitor.

The two USB keyboards I have are full functional on all other computer. But, this desktop. Logitech K270 & Komoz F1

I have four USB ports on this desktop that are full functional with every USB drive, dvd/cd drive and mouse I have attached to the desktop. But, only partially function keyboards when connect to desktop.

So, I don't believe this to be a hardware issue.

Also, the button to rollback the drive is gray and not an option 

Please advise

HP Recommended

@Warlord
Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.