Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q235na (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried numerous times to install the "Intel WLAN DRiver for Windows 10" as prompted by the HP Support Assistant. It runs and at the end when asked was it sucessful, unsuccessful, don't know I click don't know and get a message that it was unsuccesful.  The Assiatant then later prompts to download the same update.

Any help, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

If you can use the CLI command line, then please try these commands individually or just run the script....

The highlighted one will probably be the most revealing.

This short script is to gather information on some parts of your system
OS, Networking Hardware and Software etc.

Copy and paste the section between the ~~~~ lines, and paste into NotePad.
Save as PN.bat somewhere easily accessible. Double click to Run

Then run as Administrator to create the output files if desired.
The output files can be edited to remove SENSITIVE details before posting.
Delete the output files immediately after use.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@ECHO OFF

systeminfo
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter"
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter -Name * | Format-Table -View Driver"
PowerShell -Command "GIP -Detailed"
PowerShell -Command "Test-NetConnection"
PAUSE

PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter > C:\GNA.txt"
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter -Name * | Format-Table -View Driver > C:\GNB.txt"
PowerShell -Command "GIP -Detailed > C:\GNC.txt"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HP Recommended

Thanks, biut I don't undertand what you suggest I do.  I'm a retired person and not technical.

I copied and ran the script.  At the end some lines appeared in red , but the window closed too quickly to be read.

Is there and easy, idot way to sove this, pleae?

HP Recommended

Hi

Running the script is not really age relevant.

The point is that you have repeated messages to install software and it fails to complete.

So can you please give the Make and Model of your PC.

HP Recommended

Thank you. It's:

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q235na (Touch)

HP Recommended

Hi

All the drivers are here....

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-23-q200-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-to...

There are 7 network drivers, Broadcomm, Intel and Realtek, so matching to your installed adapter is important.

This is the best match I can find.

This package contains the drivers for the supported Intel Wireless LAN adapters. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp76605.exe (205.0 MB)
HP Recommended

Thanks, I've done that.  I still have the message fro the Assistant, but I've deleted it.  Let's see if it reappears.

Many thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Prego.

HP Recommended

I've been having the same problem with a newly bought HP Pavilion 15-cs2535ng. After several other updates were installed, this one kept repeating itself, so I just restarted the PC. Now, the support section "software and drivers" tells me there are updates available, but when I click on it, I'm told everything is up to date.

Why even after several years can't HP and its support assistant solve this for the users on HP's own devices? They are expensive enough, and then I have to start uninstalling drivers and cards and do God knows what.

Why doesn't HP keep things simple? - don't change  a winning team.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.