Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 7100 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello. I received an email today from HP alerting me that someone had gained access to my printer through the HP Smart App.  

"Linda Melisano has gained access to your ENVY Photo 7100 All-in-One Printer series through the HP Smart app.

You can easily manage user access to your printer in the settings of your HP Smart app. Simply click on the button below and sign into your HP account, and you’ll be all set"

I do not know how to manage user access in HP Smart App.  Can someone help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mrshenry

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• If your printer is enrolled with HP Instant Ink, you must cancel your plan before removing or transferring the printer. Go to Cancel Your HP Instant Ink Services for more information.

• If you plan to use your printer with a different HP account, remove the printer from the old HP account, and then add it to your new account.

If you want to reuse your custom HP ePrint email address, do not turn off Web Services. The printer code is the first part of your custom address. For example, johndoe123 would be the code for johndoe123@hpeprint.com.

• If you plan to donate, give away, or sell your printer, remove the printer from your HP account, and turn off Web Services on the printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I didn't understand this at all. I have not moved, turned off or changed my printer.  Nothing has changed, yet I received an email stating that someone else gained access to my printer. 

HP Recommended

@mrshenry

Thank you for posting back.

Let's try this:

• 1) Take out the cartridges.  
  • 2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.  
  • 3) Wait for 30 seconds.   
  • 4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.  
  • 5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer. 
  • Remove the cartridges > Unplug the power cord > Wait for 30 seconds > Plug the power cord back > Insert the cartridges 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.