Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-02-2022 07:36 AM
HP Smart AP finds the printer but fails to connect printer to network. I installed new drivers for Windows 11 from the HP site, reset the printer the software finds the printer starts the setup process but fails on the second step Connect Wi-Fi I have tried entering the Wi-Fi info manually and automatically both fail to connect the printer to the network. I start with pressing the X and Wi-Fi button simultaneously until the power button light flashes I then press the "i" button until it flashes and still fails. This printer was working in the same network with the same computer in Windows 10, issues started when I upgraded to Windows 11.
12-06-2022 02:57 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a connectivity issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist you better:
- Is the blue Wi-Fi light solid on the printer? ( if the Wi-Fi Light is blinking then please re-connect the printer back to your Wi-Fi router - Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer, Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.)
- How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
- Do you have a dual-band router?
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on the printer
- Prepare a printer for a Wi-Fi connection by restoring the Wi-Fi setup mode.
- When the settings are restored, the printer enters Wi-Fi setup mode for about two hours, making it discoverable during the HP software installation.
- Most inkjet printers without a touchscreen: Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons until the Power button flashes, and then wait for the Wireless light to flash.
- Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.
If the issue persists, then update your OS once and then uninstall HP Smart App, and then restart the PC. Now once the PC is back on InstalL HP Smart and try to setup.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community