Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

I have lost my WIFI option.  Have followed previous information in trying to recover it through Network Adapter but cannot find WIFI option.  HELP this urgent

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

NO PC stated nor if at home WIFI or at Starbucks(etc)

lost option? seems this PC lost the wifi card driver to me, if wifi is missing under networking? in w10? get them at HP.com

or set to airplane mode?

does cell phone work set up  to your home wifi?  test wifi first using other devices is a good plan.

Wifi is not plug and play like wonderful Ethernet wired, (driver is PnP )

wifi is radio technology subject to range(distances), walls, and  others in the hood jamming your wifi channels.

best is  2 band wifi so they can not jam them all , radio is a shared resource so locations MATTER big time. for sure dense hoods.

No PC told, nor what wifi card you have nor what router you use but no matter that, here is a simple answer.

1: know you login credentials.  SSID  name and passwords,

2: OF Lost that or and you own your router, not ISP owned and locked out) I go in to the router via its manual stated instructions to its IP address, and set my credentials now,  then writh them down,  my new router bans use of WPS.

3: So I must setup all ends of it all for it to works. cell. PC, TV , yeah all..  SSID + PW, bam Im in.

be closer to router, for connections work and faster.

wifi.  I use special software that lets me see traffic on all wifi channels in my hood, then force my channels away from them.

10x better that. (wifi can be super hard to use, in some locations or super slow)

what PC, what wifi option is that tell what is missing. what is lost exactly,  even photos work here.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.