Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@filipbmxful -- my router has 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz wifi. 

Most modern routers have the hardware capability to offer those two networks.

Of course, one can configure the router to "disable" the 2.4 Ghz network, leaving the 5 Ghz network as the _only_ available network.

Also, some routers, when both network adapters are enabled, will be "tied" together. When a device tries to connect, the router will automatically try to connect to one network, and, if necessary, then to the other network.  So, your device will only show to which network that it has connected -- your device will not show the network that is not connected.

What is the manufacturer and model-number of your router?

HP Recommended

My router has the wifis seperated the 2.4 has different password key to connect to and the 5ghz has different passowrd 2 connect to. I only connected it to the 5ghz and never to the other one since i baught it.

HP Recommended

@filipbmxful -- I only connected it to the 5 Ghz and never to the other one since i bought it.

Interesting.

As an experiment, can you disconnect from that network, and connect to the 2.4 Ghz network, to see if that change solves your problem?

A 5 Ghz network gives a stronger connection than a 2.4 Ghz network, but over a small distance.

If your WiFi-enabled device is in the same room as the router, both networks should offer a good connection.

What is the manufacturer and model-number of your router?

HP Recommended

It does the same thing with the wifi in that network aswell. Before ot establishes a conn2ction it makes that pattern. My wifi box is ZTE .idk its really weird really weird. I dont think its a problem with the wifi box or smth i believe its some setting in my  laptop or smth went wrong or smth i do t know.i did all the updates.

HP Recommended

@filipbmxful --  I don't think its a problem with the wifi box or smth

Since you state that your other WiFi-capable devices do not have a problem, I agree that the WiFi box is _not_ malfunctioning.

i believe it is some setting in my  laptop or smth went wrong or smth i do t know. i did all the updates.

It could be setting on your laptop, or it could be a problem with the WiFi network adapter hardware.

You could try purchasing a USB-to-WiFi adapter (about $40 ?), and "disabling" the built-in WiFi adapter, and connecting to your WiFi box through that new adapter, to see if that adapter works fine, or if your computer still shows the same symptoms.

HP Recommended

I still think its some sort of settings or something..i need 2 disable ot some thing..like idk

.ill keeep searching thank you for all the help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.