Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 11

During the past month or so. My computer does a pattern with the Wi-Fi every time it boost or every time i manually disconnect the Wi-Fi. It does as follows.  Wi-Fi is there, Wi-Fi disconnects for 3 seconds Wi-Fi comes back for 40 seconds, Wi-Fi disconnects for 40 seconds then reconnects and then works fine. I have tried everything from drivers to services.msc to uninstalls to checking for updates nothing works. Please someone help me i love my laptop I don't know why it does this pattern with my Wi-Fi : (

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@filipbmxful -- have you contacted your Internet Service Provider, and asked them to replace the cable-modem? It could be the problem.

Do you also have a smart-phone or a tablet that you connect via WiFi? Does your phone/tablet lose its WiFi connection at the same time that your laptop/desktop loses its WiFi connection?

If you connect an Ethernet cable between your cable-modem and your laptop/desktop, do you still get those momentasry loss of connection?

HP Recommended

.@Itsmyname All of my devices work fine and my laptop does 2 but it does this pattern as i mentioned before it can establish a connection. I havent tryed the ethernet cable ill try it out and let you know, bit the problem appeared recently at the time windows 11 came and the prior updates i suppose. None of my devices had ever made this sort of thing with the wifi before. None of my devices do this pattern i have an older laptop 2 it connects automatically like all my devices. I have no issue with my internet my internet is fast and good everything works fine. Its just this wifi pattern on my new laptop that is boggling my mind.

HP Recommended

I just tryed my  ethernet and it works straight and fast without ever making a disconnection pattern at the start like my wifi.

HP Recommended

@filipbmxful -- I just tried my Ethernet and it works straight and fast without ever making a disconnection pattern at the start like my WiFi.

Your other devices, including your older laptop, work fine, when using WiFi.

Your new laptop works fine when NOT using WiFi.

So, I doubt that it is a problem with your cable-modem.

This leaves only one possibility: the WiFi adapter inside your new computer.

With the purchase of a HP computer, you get 30 days of free telephone support from HP.

Also, you get a 12-month warranty from HP -- they are obliged to repair/replace your computer, at their expense.

So, contact HP Support.

There is no reason that you should need to "trouble-shoot" a brand-new HP computer.

HP Recommended

My laptop works fine and never disconnects from the wifi it just makes that pattern before it connects. Its just that pattern. Nothing else. Its not completely brand new i had it like 1 year now. 

HP Recommended

@filipbmxful -- is there more than one WiFi network in the range of the computer? 

Or, do you have a "range extender" or "WiFi-repeater" as part of your home network?

Your computer could be connecting to one network, disconnecting, and then connecting to an alternate network.

HP Recommended

Hmmm i dont know if i have that,the problem is recent ao i guess no..but my router has 5ghz and 2.4ghz wifi. I dont know its really weird really really weird 😕 There are multiple wifis in the vicinity but like naighbors wifi and other users around my block.i have no range extender the router is veru close to me.

HP Recommended

@filipbmxful -- can you separate the two networks, by assigning different SSID values to each network? Then, configure your computer to connect only to the stronger/faster 5G network?

HP Recommended

The 5ghz has different password to connect to and i only put that in for my laptop as wifi. I never connected it with the 2.4ghz The only known network my laptop has is the 5ghz one. Its very weird 😕 The only known network is the 5ghz one in my laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.