cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
Andyinhilo
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

What wireless network adapters will work in a Pavilion 23?

HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-b010 AIO
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My Pavilion 23 AIO locks up when I connect to WIFI. It works fine when connected via Ethernet cable. I assume that the WLAN card needs replacement.   Which WiFi WLAN Half Mini PCI-E Card will work in a Pavilion 23-b010 AIO, I see there are many available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,503 9,146 2,950 11,185
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Andyinhilo, welcome to the forum.

Have you tried updating the driver for the wireless card?  This may solve your problem: Device Manager/Network adapters/right click on your adapter/Update driver/Search automatically for updated driver software.  If there is an updated driver it will be found and installed.

If this doesn't work, here is a card that should work for you.  It is dual band (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) which means if you want to up your wireless performance you can use the 5G band.  You will need a router that supports 5 G, however.  I have had this card in a HP desktop and HP laptop.  It works great!

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Andyinhilo, welcome to the forum.

Have you tried updating the driver for the wireless card?  This may solve your problem: Device Manager/Network adapters/right click on your adapter/Update driver/Search automatically for updated driver software.  If there is an updated driver it will be found and installed.

If this doesn't work, here is a card that should work for you.  It is dual band (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) which means if you want to up your wireless performance you can use the 5G band.  You will need a router that supports 5 G, however.  I have had this card in a HP desktop and HP laptop.  It works great!

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

Andyinhilo
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Been there, done that with the driver update. Froze right afterwards. I connected an old 802.11.b/g usb wireless adapter and and it works fine if a bit slow. I will look at your suggestion for the intel card. Does it come with software?
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Andyinhilo.

The only software that is necessary is the driver for the card.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation