Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy All-in-One PC 27-b0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Wi-Fi adapter keeps on disconnecting by itself. I've tried everything and still cant get this to work. I'm typing this right now with the small window of time before my PC gets disconnected. Ive disabled and enables the driver, updated it, reset my network settings, and followed like 5 youtube tutorials that said it would fix the problem and still nothing. I have noticed though that it shuts off instantly when I open up a game so I'm not sure if the problem is due to overheating. I know the problem is with my PC because all of my other devices remain connected, when I get disconnected. When it happens, It has a little globe on the bottom left of the screen that says no internet connecrion or something like that, and I cant see any available networks. The only way to get connected again for a while is to hard reset my PC. Any help is appretiated! 🙂

Specs 

PC Model - HP Envy All-in-One PC 27-b0XX

OS - Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Processor - Intel Core i7 6700T

WiFi Adapter - Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168

My pc has been serviced professionally. I used to have the same problem but I followed one the the youtube guys and it fixed my problem for a while, but the same thing happened and I tried the same method and it wont work. I'm not sure if the windows update has anything to do with this. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BrandonReyes, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand the wifi card is not working right. 

Kindly follow the steps mentioned in this document - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10)

If the issue persists, let us run a test on the hardware components of the PC

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform Component Test > Network > Wireless. Share the result on your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.