Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I've tried every possible suggestion that I could find on the internet for this problem and nothing is worth. I only get DPC watchdog violation when I connect to the internet with my WiFi I have updated the network adapters uninstalled and reinstalled them uncheck the Box turn off fast start. Updated my controllers Grand system checks just checks sfc scans and I've had no luck at all? Thank you in advance.
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
Sorry for the typo errors. That was supposed to say I ran disk checks and I ran sfc scans. Nothing has worked please help
HP Recommended

Hi

If it is when you connect to the internet, have you tried a different ISP router?

Does it do it from a cafe or library connection?

This short script is to gather information on some parts of your system
OS, Networking Hardware and Software etc.

Copy and paste the section between the ~~~~ lines, into NotePad.
Save as PN.bat somewhere easily accessible. Double click to Run
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter"
PowerShell -Command "Get-NetAdapter -Name * | Format-Table -View Driver"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do those 2 commands produce?

HP Recommended
Hi and thank you for your response. I have not tried it from a different ISP router. And I'm kind of a novice so I apologize I don't understand entirely some of your suggestions. This is the desktop computer in my house which runs from a router from another room. It's my neighbor's WiFi lives in the house next door he lets me do this. And it's always worked until lately. The other problem I'm having is when I try to open up the email that you sent me with that code to run my PC only runs about two minutes before I get that watchdog violation. I'm sending you this from my phone right now. I will continue to work on it and when I come up the answer to your question regarding the code that you sent me I will send you the info. Thank you again
HP Recommended
Something else I just thought of my phone that that I am now using send this message it's connected to the same WiFi network as my PC on the phone works fine PC does not. So it's got to be my wireless LAN card. I've updated it according to the instructions but no luck I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it still no luck. Very frustrated
HP Recommended

Hi

I DID NOT SEND ANY EMAIL.

What I am trying to get is the Make Model and OS of the Machine, and the maker of the WiFi adapter.

So can you do something like this...

Getmac All.png

Typing in the 2 commands getmac and ipconfig -all

Post any results without personal details.

HP Recommended
Sorry I worded that last message kind of poorly. It is an HP Pavilion series,model p7 1154. Originally had windows 7. Upgraded to windows 8.1. Originally had wireless LAN 802.11b g n updated to Ralink Tech. Corp. 802.11n. I ran those commands that you gave me and they came out with all the information you asked but the computer freezes up and restarts before I can send them to you. So I have to get an ethernet cable so that I can get online long enough to send those to you I will do that ASAP thanks again
HP Recommended

Hi

If you do get an ethernet cable connection, remove the WiFi adapter card temporarily and see if that improves stability.

HP Recommended
I had an ethernet cable that I was using and it worked fine once I disabled the wireless card. The ethernet cable got damaged so now I have to get a replacement. That's where I'm at right now with it
HP Recommended
Also I just noticed when I turn the computer on and enable the wireless LAN card the computer is fine. As soon as I open a browser either Chrome or Firefox I get the watchdog violation code almost immediately.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.