cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
PaulCKruger
Level 2
13 10 2 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

WiFi hardware/driver issue 705 G1 DM

HP Recommended
ELITEDESK 705 G1 DM
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been trying to get WiFi to work on a machine I bought in parts online.  

• SN: [edited] ( WiFi )
    • AMD A8-7600 CPU

So far all is finally working fine with Win 7 Pro with one exception.  WiFi

I cannot seem to find a proper driver. As near as I can tell not even the official Intel site has it as a search on the specific model number either says "no products found" or a page that says it is discontinued.  But no drivers? Those that I found won't install saying there is no Intel device installed.

At one point I did have it appear in the device manager with a caution icon and not working. Update driver could not find anything either.

Intel Dual Band Wireless N 7260 Model: Intel 7260NGW NB WFM: CC3D82B18D07 TA: G94323-007 SPS: 717380-001-OH

While this pc will be used as an entertainment device and plugged hardwire into LAN I would like to have the WiFi functionl if for no other reason than I am stubborn !!

Have tried drivers from HP, direct from Intel (basic to #7260) and a third party driver site.

Any help most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulCKruger
Author
Level 2
13 10 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

[Solved] ? with no idea why.

Ok while typing this I was also working on the system in question.  I reinstalled one of the very same drivers I had tried twice before and when I went back to look at device manager I have WiFi working?

I don't like calling this SOLVED simply because I cannot say how or why it is working all of a sudden so there is no help, direction or advice to offer.  Driver was SP69349.exe which as stated had been tried before without success.

Oh well....?

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
PaulCKruger
Author
Level 2
13 10 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

[Solved] ? with no idea why.

Ok while typing this I was also working on the system in question.  I reinstalled one of the very same drivers I had tried twice before and when I went back to look at device manager I have WiFi working?

I don't like calling this SOLVED simply because I cannot say how or why it is working all of a sudden so there is no help, direction or advice to offer.  Driver was SP69349.exe which as stated had been tried before without success.

Oh well....?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation