cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
W-55
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wifi connection

HP Recommended
Pavillion 500-030ea Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

At present I use this desktop with an ethernet cable.  I now wish to use it via wifi connection.  Can you advise me in easy step by step instructions how to change this.  Thats if this desktop allows this, which I think it does reading the help guide.  I have a wifi connection up and running for other devises so just wish to add this pc to the system. 

Sorry cant make sense of the help guide which does keeps thinking I have a PRinter wifi problem.  I just need to know how to change from ethernet to wifi. 

Many thanks Wyn 

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 22,295 2,621 3,540
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@W-55 here's a few things you need to do, to resolve this issue once and for all:

• Disable all firewalls and antivirus programs including windows ten's own firewalls and antivirus programs.
  • try safe mode with networking to check if the Internet connection is fast there. Try both wired and wireless options.
  • Link for safe mode with networking is given in my earlier post. Please try that.
  • Uninstall the existing network adapters and update the bios chipset and network adapters (both wired and wireless) from this link : click here to find and install the same
  • Please try to change the router's broadcasting channel to another value. try different working channels. that might help for WiFi only.
  • Try performing a clean boot in windows 10 using this link: Click here for steps
  • Try this link fixing network connections in windows 10: Click here

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation