Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
520-1130ea HP Touchsmart 520pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all,

My wireless had stopped working all of a sudden about 3 weeks ago and only wired connection works. i have done alot of digging and in the device manager the wireless adaptor is not there anymore! i have opened up the back of the machine and took out and reinserted the card and still after a few hardware scans windows wont pick it up? does this mean i need a new card? if yes HP do not sell this spare anymore i have already looked does anyone know where i can get one thanks in advance.

part no: 638403-001

PS is there an alternative wifi card that would work? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Does your PC have one or two antenna wires connected to the wifi card that died on you?

HP Recommended

only 1 cable attaches to the card

HP Recommended

OK.

I am going to link you to this discussion I had with another forum member who has an AIO PC with the same chipset, and one antenna cable.   I recommend you read through the entire discussion.

You may be able to opt for the dual band AC upgrade, or if you would rather have bluetooth, use the Realtek card I posted.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/Alternative-to-Replace-Ralink-RT-5390/...

HP Recommended

Hello again and thank you for your help. I have had a look at the info you have provided and have made a decision. I have decided not to but another Wi-fi card because I can buy a dongle that is half the price and is better quality signal wise. 

I appreciate your help with the matter and thank you very much. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.