Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ56-102EA Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

IMG20220619214515.jpg

 please can someone help me connect my laptop to my bt WiFi. I have tried doing F10 on startup but still couldn't enable WiFi. 

Any help much appreciated.

Thankyou

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the wifi adapter is showing up in the device manager, under the Network Adapters device manager category, the only suggestion I can offer would be to install the HP Quick Launch Software which should allow the wireless button to work.

Info:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51650.html 

Exe:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51650.exe 

HP Recommended

I'm really sorry but I don't know what you mean because I'm not very good at all this 🤦🏼‍♀️

I don't think the WiFi adapter is showing up in the device manager. 

What I can tell you is that The laptop can't seem to find any sort of wireless signal at all and that it only works through wired Ethernet. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you don't see a model Wi-Fi adapter listed under the Network Adapters device manager category, do you see a device elsewhere in the device manager labeled as a Network Controller?

It would be showing up under an Other Devices category and it would have a little ! mark next to it.

If you see such a device, that is the wireless adapter that needs a driver.

In order to provide the right Wi-Fi driver you need for the model Wi-Fi adapter your notebook has, please post the hardware ID for it.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

HP Recommended

Hello @S_Fletcher 

The software provided by @Paul_Tikkanen will install the HP Quick Launch Software:

Quote: "

This package contains the HP Quick Launch Software, which enables special
function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, the HP
Quick Launch Software enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system
information. This software works with the supported operating systems.

"

To use the HP Quick Launch software, click Start, type Quick in the search box, and select HP Quick Launch from the list to open the HP Quick Launch window.
If the HP Quick Launch icon is displayed in the taskbar next to the clock, you can also double-click the icon to open the HP Quick Launch Keys window.

@S_Fletcher Please ask a friend that has more skills to enter the BIOS of your desktop. Wireless device has to be enabled there !

Please report your results.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655728761679.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.