Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY23 All-In-One Computer Model# 23-d055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded to the Xfinity Internet router model# AR TG3482G which has the Integrated Dual Band Concurrent 5GHz 802.11 ac Wave2 radios and 2.4GHz 802.11n.

I have the HP ENVY23 All-In-One Computer Model# 23-d055 computer that I absolutely love!

Can I upgrade the wireless network card in this computer to support a faster wireless network speed?

When I run the xfinity speed test from my computer using WiFi I get a download speed of 31 Mbps https://speedtest.xfinity.com/ .  
When I run an ethernet cable from my computer to the router and run the speed test I get a download speed of 291 Mbps!

Unfortunately, my computer is physically located in a different room than the modem so I cannot use the ethernet cable all the time or I would!

So is it possible to upgrade the wireless network card in the HP ENVY23 All-In-One Computer Model# 23-d055 that will give me wireless faster download speeds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Many PC's that have 1 x 1 wifi cards have two antenna cables attached to the card.

As I wrote the other day, the parts list seems to indicate your PC comes with two wifi antenna cables as indicated by the description of the antenna kit supplied with your PC.

Antenna - (2x2/Cmbo), L 250mm, R 350mm Dodge

The wifi card removal and replacement is not a part of the service manual and there are no illustrations that I know of to refer to.

The wifi card should be near wherever the memory is located at and it will have one or two antenna cables attached to it.

It will look like this (see the illustration below)...but will be about 1.5" wide by 1" high, and the gold terminals on either side are where the antenna cables attach to.

If there is only one antenna cable you can still upgrade to a dual band card, but the bluetooth will not work because it requires the second antenna.

There are no dual band HMC form factor cards such as what your PC uses that were designed where both the wifi and Bluetooth work with one antenna cable.

Regardless of whether or not your PC has one or two antenna cables, this would be the best card to replace the current card with...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find the card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

The wifi will work with one antenna if you connect the antenna to the wifi card's Main antenna terminal.

If your PC has two antenna cables, then both the Wifi and Bluetooth should work just fine.

689215-001 HP 150Mbps 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n Bluetooth 4.0 Mini PCI Express Wireless Network Card

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the parts list for your PC at the link below, it appears it was supplied with two antenna cables.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=H4A30AA

You may want to open up the PC, to check and confirm that there are two antenna wires connected to the wifi card in there now.

If there are, you can upgrade to this dual band AC wifi card with bluetooth...

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 ac 2x2 WiFi + BT 4.0    HP Part # 710661-001

You should be able to find one on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

Here are the specs on the Intel card...

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/75439/intel-dual-band-wireless-ac-7260.html

Below is the link to the service manual, which will help you open up the PC.   

There is no procedure to remove and replace the wifi card.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03598969

Your other option would be to install a dual band USB AC wifi adapter and just use the internal card for bluetooth.

HP Recommended

Hi - I have not opened up the computer yet but found the HP Envy 23-d055 Wireless Network Card is part number: 689215-001 Wireless LAN - 802.11bgn+BT RL HMC 1x1 ROMA featuring Single-band (2.4Ghz) 1 X 1 technology PCI express half-length mini card.  I think this means it only has one antenna wire - correct?  If there is only one antenna wire is there an appropriate 802.11 ac network card that I can replace it with?

Also can I find a diagram as to where the wireless card is located?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Many PC's that have 1 x 1 wifi cards have two antenna cables attached to the card.

As I wrote the other day, the parts list seems to indicate your PC comes with two wifi antenna cables as indicated by the description of the antenna kit supplied with your PC.

Antenna - (2x2/Cmbo), L 250mm, R 350mm Dodge

The wifi card removal and replacement is not a part of the service manual and there are no illustrations that I know of to refer to.

The wifi card should be near wherever the memory is located at and it will have one or two antenna cables attached to it.

It will look like this (see the illustration below)...but will be about 1.5" wide by 1" high, and the gold terminals on either side are where the antenna cables attach to.

If there is only one antenna cable you can still upgrade to a dual band card, but the bluetooth will not work because it requires the second antenna.

There are no dual band HMC form factor cards such as what your PC uses that were designed where both the wifi and Bluetooth work with one antenna cable.

Regardless of whether or not your PC has one or two antenna cables, this would be the best card to replace the current card with...

You should be able to find the card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

The wifi will work with one antenna if you connect the antenna to the wifi card's Main antenna terminal.

If your PC has two antenna cables, then both the Wifi and Bluetooth should work just fine.

689215-001 HP 150Mbps 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n Bluetooth 4.0 Mini PCI Express Wireless Network Card

HP Recommended

Thanks so much - this is exactly the information I needed!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know how your PC's wifi card upgrade project went.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.