Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All in one 310-1125
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I suddenly lost my wireless adapter while in a TeamViewer session.  I tried to use a restore point but the wireless adapter is still missing.  I don't have access to the internet with the PC so I went on my laptop to download the driver there.  The HP Support website puts me in an endless loop, no drivers available for my operating system.  That's boloney because I've had that computer with Windows 7 Professional 64bit for about 10 years now and it's been working until today.

Can anyone tell me where to find the wireless adapter driver please?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm pretty sure the wifi hardware failed. 

It happens from time to time.

If the device only lost the driver, it still would be present in the device manager, but labeled as a Network Controller instead.

So, purchase an inexpensive wifi adapter if you can't connect using an ethernet cable, and you will be back in business in a jiffy.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your PC indicates that is comes with a Ralink wifi adapter.

Below is the link to the latest W7 driver for that model wifi adapter...

5.0.53.0     May 18, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71421.exe

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!  Device manager had a Realtek.  Were there different adapters used with this model?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It is possible HP substituted parts.

If you know that you PC had a realtek wifi adapter, and it has lost the driver, then there should be a device in the device manager labeled as a Network Controller.

If you do not see such a device, then the wifi adapter has failed and needs to be replaced.

Here is the link to the W7 driver for the equivalent Realtek wifi driver...

1005.33.313.2012      Apr 17, 2012

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57001-57500/sp57049.exe

If the wifi adapter has failed, the easiest thing to do would be to purchase an external USB wifi adapter.

HP Recommended

That one didn't work either. I updated the driver but the wireless adapter is still missing in Network Connections.  I just don't understand what happened.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm pretty sure the wifi hardware failed. 

It happens from time to time.

If the device only lost the driver, it still would be present in the device manager, but labeled as a Network Controller instead.

So, purchase an inexpensive wifi adapter if you can't connect using an ethernet cable, and you will be back in business in a jiffy.

HP Recommended

I think you're right!  Looking online for a replacement now.  This is an old computer and it has served me well.  I added additional RAM and I'll get the adapter, but no more money after that 🙂

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

Purchased a RealTek RTL8812AU, works perfectly and installed in minutes.  Thanks again!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to know that you're wifi is working again with the replacement wifi adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.