Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LAPTOP-44GP6RU0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I've been having an issue with mobile hotspot connectivity recently and I don't know if it's a problem with the computer or the hotspot, so I'm going to leave this message on both.

When I turn on my mobile hotspot (from LG phone with metro PCS, i don't know if that matters but just in case, there you go) I usually put the settings to WPA2 PSK, and then leave the hotspot to emit with 5gz. When I try to connect to my hotspot from my computer, the only way it can show up is if I change my settings specifically to 2.4gz and Open, instead of WPA2 PSK. Yes, I have tried WPA PSK and that doesn't work either, it's only those specific settings. Again, I don't know what this is a problem with, but if someone can help me please respond. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Nake 

I don't know what is your LAPTOP-44GP6RU0 but I believe it ONLY has wifi adapter which supports 2.4GHz networks therefore it CAN'T "see" 5.0GHz networks. As you can see, it can only connect to 2.4GHz hotspots.

If you wish to konw what is your machine, please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

That would be plausible, but there are other issues ontop of it. First of all, my computer can definitely detect strong 5.0 signals, as othet peoples wifi, the school wifi and the hidden networks are detectable. Secondly, even with my hotspot settings specifically fixed on 2.4gz and Open, whenever I try to connect it gives me a message flat out saying "Cannot connect to this network."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.