Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop - 270-p024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Currently I have wireless issue and get  "web pages cannot reached" error.. My pc appears can connect to the router. The wireless administrator show wireless connection is off.  But only can open a couple websites such as yahoo or google. The issue started several days ago.  I have upfated HP support assistant around that time..  Cable connection is working fine.     I could get conncetion after reboot the router.days ago.   Today it does not work this way too.  My other devices are working fine.

. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Ming

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Your wireless supports "ac" and you should be using the 5ghz band

I addition your router may need to find a channel that is less noisy.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi @BeemerBiker ,

Thanks you very much for the response.  I talked with my internet support and they chicked my wireless settings and appear correct.  That is why they told me to talk to Desktop support-they thought it is my mchine issue.( Home wireless network is working.)

I am using cable directly connected to the router and it worked correctly.

Finally I swap the wireless adapter with a known good one.  Everything is fine again.

I did not suspect the adapter from begining because I saw yahoo appears connected and google is working too except when I click on the result, I always get website cannot be reached error.  Plus from begining, I reboot router and it would work till days later the reboot quited work.  It confused me.

Glad to know your expert knowledge.   My mchine is an old one.  I am looking forward to getting advice from you once encounter other issues.

Appreciate your suggstions,

Ming

HP Recommended

I am glad you got it working.

Can you provide the model name or a link to it so I can make a recommendation to others with same problem?

You might want to give a review of the product if the seller has that option available.

Thanks!

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

The model number is HP Slimline Desktop PC 270-p0xx .

The PC is prety good and I do not have other issues with it.  The client wireless UBS adapter is an old third party no brand product.  It may cannot handle the nowadays wireless system.   But it works for me since I bought it in the early years when USB adapter came out.

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion TP01-2256 Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5, 12GB Memory, 256GB SSD (318G9AA#ABA)          -   major issue w/this desktop.  wireless frequently disconnects.   HP will not admit any issue.

HP Recommended

@88merlin wrote:

HP Pavilion TP01-2256 Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5, 12GB Memory, 256GB SSD (318G9AA#ABA)          -   major issue w/this desktop.  wireless frequently disconnects.   HP will not admit any issue.

"Thread Hijacking" is considered to be quite rude.   Start a new thread!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Statement:

User mcheng62 and mcheng621 is same user.

mcheng62 created by IT department when I use my cell phone to login.  I used mcheng62 posted the issue.  Late on, the web would not login without password. 

When I tried to reponse BeemerBiker,  I could not use phone to login anymore without a valid  password,  I had to create a new account name mcheng621.  When I try to post this one, system is aware of that I have two user name and let me select one to post..

Ming

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.