Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EnvyX2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

bluetooth keyboard loses connection while it's attached to screen.  It happens when keyboard is moved slightly and orangeish light at connection point comes on.  If I move keyboard slightly and orange light goes off, connection resumes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@steveh3

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If it's a loose connection you are referring to, it's a hardware malfunction and therefore I would request you to contact HP for a hardware repair service:

(if the product is covered by the HP Warranty, the repair/replacement service would be free of charges)

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@steveh3

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the Bluetooth keyboard keeps losing connection,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help resolve your concern:

In windows 10, lots of applications and devices are ‘OFF’ because those devices consume too much power. So In windows, 8 specific devices ‘OFF’ to Save Power.

→ First of all Go to RUN (Windows Logo + R) and type “devmgmt.msc” (Device Manager).

→ In Device Manager click on Network Adapters. In Network Adapters Find your Bluetooth Wireless Network and Right click on it then go to Power Management Tab and Unmark on “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.

→ Now check your Bluetooth device.

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did the power supply thing as you directed.  Issue continues.  The slighest movememt of the keyboard while attached causes solid amber light to come on or off.  When off, keyboard will link, when on, link goes dead. If keyboard is dettached, link immediately goes dead.  the movement of the flexible portion of the connector on the keyboard, closest to the amber light that goes on and off, seems to be the location of the issue. I suspect the keyboard doesn't get recharged and is basically "dead" unless connected just right with the computer.

HP Recommended

@steveh3

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If it's a loose connection you are referring to, it's a hardware malfunction and therefore I would request you to contact HP for a hardware repair service:

(if the product is covered by the HP Warranty, the repair/replacement service would be free of charges)

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Envy15 bluetooth keyboard seems to be an issue for many users....just check online.  Less than 2 years old, keyboard has charging issues and subsequently bluetooth connecting issues.  HP wants $245 to check out the entire unit, and then will tell me I need to purchase a new keyboard for over $130.  I am forced to go and buy a wireless $26 keyboard and use my HP keyboard as a screen protector!

HP Recommended

@steveh3

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I understand your concern and as a result I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.