Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
deskjet 4625
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Trying to connect iMac through router to deskjet4625 wireless but unsuccesfully

thanks

eboxman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @eboxman, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues connecting your printer with wirelessly with your MAC PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

I have checked the records and you should be able to connect your printer wirelessly with your MAC.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Reset the print system and check if it helps.

If the previous troubleshooting did not resolve the issue, try resetting the print system.
   CAUTION:
Resetting the print system deletes all printers in the queue. This includes both HP and non-HP printers.
Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.
Depending on your version of OS X, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, then click Reset printing system.
Enter the Administrator name and password, then click OK.
Wait for the printing system to reset. When complete, no printers should display in the list.
Try installing the HP software again.
If the printer is found during the installation, the issue is resolved.

Also, Uninstall the printer software from your MAC and install the drivers using this link.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @eboxman, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have issues connecting your printer with wirelessly with your MAC PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

I have checked the records and you should be able to connect your printer wirelessly with your MAC.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Reset the print system and check if it helps.

If the previous troubleshooting did not resolve the issue, try resetting the print system.
   CAUTION:
Resetting the print system deletes all printers in the queue. This includes both HP and non-HP printers.
Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.
Depending on your version of OS X, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, then click Reset printing system.
Enter the Administrator name and password, then click OK.
Wait for the printing system to reset. When complete, no printers should display in the list.
Try installing the HP software again.
If the printer is found during the installation, the issue is resolved.

Also, Uninstall the printer software from your MAC and install the drivers using this link.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I am happy to tell you that I resolved the problem.
Thank's for your reply and the help

Enrico 
HP Recommended

@eboxman, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

You're welcome and thanks for the reply,

I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take Care!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.