Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-25-2022 06:09 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a connectivity issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist you better:
- Is the blue Wi-Fi light solid on the printer? ( if the Wi-Fi Light is blinking then please re-connect the printer back to your Wi-Fi router - Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer, Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.)
- How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
- Do you have a dual-band router?
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on the printer
- Prepare a printer for a Wi-Fi connection by restoring the Wi-Fi setup mode.
- When the settings are restored, the printer enters Wi-Fi setup mode for about two hours, making it discoverable during the HP software installation.
- Most printers with a touchscreen: From the Wireless or Setup menu, select Network setup or Settings, and then select Restore Network Settings.
- Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community