Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp office jet 8710
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

how create folder network hp office jet 8710 Mac OS

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ame75 -- does your printer have an Ethernet (or WiFi) connection to your office network?

If so, then its touchpad might be the way to create a "folder", and then to "share" that folder with all the other computers on your office network.  Your Mac can then "browse" the "shares" on your network, to create a link to the folder.

HP Recommended

@ame75 -- does your printer have an Ethernet (or WiFi) connection to your office network?

If so, then its touchpad might be the way to create a "folder", and then to "share" that folder with all the other computers on your office network.  Your Mac can then "browse" the "shares" on your network, to create a link to the folder.

thank yu itsmyname

my connection is wifi . but when I write the name of folder "hp numerisation" he is not accepted

HP Recommended

@ame75  -- does it make a difference when you do NOT include a "blank" as part of the folder-name?

HP Recommended

hi 

this response

Modify the fields marked in red, and then click "Next". Fields marked with '*' are required.

• Network Path: Invalid input.

HP Recommended

hi itsmyname

I have changed name folder yo numerisation but I have same problem 

HP Recommended

@ame75 -- try adding "\\" before the IP-address of the computer where the "shared-folder" is to be hosted, e.g.,

\\192.168.1.15\shared-folder

where "shared-folder" is the name of a "share" on the computer using "192.168.1.15" to connect.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.