Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion p7-1067c
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have spent many days and nights trying to first get the Google Chromecast to work with my computer and then having failed that returned it and was then sold the Microsoft wireless display adapter which I was assured was a simple plug and play.   I could not get that to work either.  Got the correct display on my HDTV which is approximately 12 feet from my desktop, but nothing on my computer.  When I opened the Action Center at the bottom right of the screen and went to project  I was not given the option to add a device, which meant that my computer is unable to connect with the device and my TV.  Long story short, it has been determined that I need the drivers for Miracast for it to work.  My PC is windows 7 based and has been updated to win 10 which is where the problem came in.  My PC in its original state was win 7 that is incompatable with Miracast.  I have tried updating everything from MS hoping that the drivers would be in there, but no, and the HP site says there are no drivers available for my machine.  Sooooo, any help with obtaining the drivers would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Vince

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Vince.

The next time you are in the market for a PC, just click on that Intel link, and check the latest wireless display requirements to make sure that the PC you're interested in, checks all the hardware requirements boxes.

In the meantime, your workaround is just as good, and less of a hassle. 

Wireless display is not without some glitches from time to time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, your computer hardware is NOT compatible with Miracast. Its specs:

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c02853749

You can use Chromecast dongle, this device is connected to your TV using HDMI port and it is very simple to set it up to connect to your homw network then you can cast your PC screen to TV using proper apps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, Vince:

Unfortunately, your PC fails two of the 3 hardware requirements to support wireless display/miracast.

The Radeon HD 6450 graphics adapter does not support wireless display.

The Ralink wireless card does not support wireless display.

You would have to remove the Radeon graphics card, and use the onboard Intel graphics adapter, and you would have to remove the Ralink wireless card, and replace it with one of the Intel wireless cards listed in the below document.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/000014932.html

Also note that if you were to upgrade to W10, wireless display is not supported with the Intel processor or graphics your PC has.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Paul;  I upgraded to Widows 10 some time ago.  It appears that my computer fails 3 out of 4 requirements having done so.  This is not a world stopping crisis.  I found out that my wife's computer took a dump when I took it into our local Geek Squad for repair and while there I asked one of the folks about the ability to broadcast from my desktop to my HDTV which at the time and now again, by an HDMI cable strung under area rugs to watch movies from my computer to the TV.  I works most excellent, except for the lump.  So, short story long, one of these knowledgeable people suggested I purchase the Google Chromecast, a simple plug and play item that a three year old could make work.  Well, guess what, no matter what I did, it would not work.  So, I returned it and then was advised to buy the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter, an item that a pre-mature baby could make work.  So, not to be made to seem like a complete dummy, I spent many hours on the internet, chatting with the Geek Squad and a friend who is very literate with computers again to no avail.  So, today, I happened to stumble onto this site and figured that I would post my question and could probably expect a reply sometime in the next year or so.  In any event, I intend to petition the Pope to name a day after you sir.  Thanks again, I will return this product and stay with the cable. 

Vince

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Vince.

The next time you are in the market for a PC, just click on that Intel link, and check the latest wireless display requirements to make sure that the PC you're interested in, checks all the hardware requirements boxes.

In the meantime, your workaround is just as good, and less of a hassle. 

Wireless display is not without some glitches from time to time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.