Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-08-2019 09:02 AM
Hi! @MsSmith1, Welcome to the HP support Community!
Don't worry I'll try to help you out.
Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.
Try the steps recommended below.
1. Open Action Center (Windows Key + A)
2. Click/tap on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.
1. Click/tap on the network icon in the taskbar notification area.
2. Click/tap on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.
1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.
2. Click/tap on Airplane mode on the left side, and turn on or off Airplane mode on the right side.
3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.
Change Network Adapter Properties
1. search for Device Manager in Start Menu or Cortana and open it.
2. Make your way to the Network Adapter section and expand it by double-clicking on it.
3. Figure out your wireless modem from the available list and right click on it to navigate to its Properties.
4. This launches the Properties dialog box of your adapter. Hit on the Power Management tab. Clear off the option that saysAllow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
5. To apply the changes, press Ok button. This will Fix Airplane mode not turning off issue in Windows 10 and resume its slider to be turned off.
If the issue still persists after trying out the steps.
Uninstall the wireless drivers from device manager and install the latest drivers using HP recovery manager.
Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.
Hope this answers your query!
Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community