Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

first time setting up printer  hp pavilion will not respond

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Shirleyjohn,

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

I see from your post that you're having issues setting up your HP Printer. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of the printer? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

What exactly seems to be the issue with the printer?

How are you trying to set it up? 

Could you please elaborate more on the issue sas this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The problem is not with the printer but rather th HP Pavilion when I try to add the hP envy photo 7155. On the seething, add printer screen does not respond, does not look for a printer, it’s as if it is frozen.  The printer works fine with iPad.

HP Recommended

@Shirleyjohn,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated. 

As I understand this seems to be an issue with the computer. Do't worry as I have a few steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Run a System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

If the test fails, I recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

If the test passes, I would suggest you try to update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your computer from our HP Support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Meanwhile, I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Let me know how that pans out,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.