Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 700-215XT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I upgraded to 7 pro and now the (direct from HP store) factory installed  network driver will not install. It says it does not meet min. requirements. I have D/L the driver sp64531 and when I try to install it I get this :driver error.jpg When I clicked on the properties I got this. Unknown device so I uninstalled it and will leave it that way till I get a few answers from all the smart people here. I just did the uninstall and if it messes with the PC I will reboot and see if it installs its self and still has the error.🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You may as well install the drivers so that everything is working properly.

You would have to set up a wireless connection so if you are already connected to your network via the ethernet adapter, that wouldn't change.

You can also use the Bluetooth portion of the wifi adapter in case you need to use bluetooth for something.

You would not need to set up a wireless connection to do that.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend you use the Realtek ethernet driver directly from Realtek.

Download, unzip and run the setup application from the W7 driver at the link below...

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit...

HP Recommended

D/L and installed as you suggested and no change. Network error.jpg Any other suggestions. I have total access to my Nas and my other 4 PC's so I'm not quite sure what this problem is about since you can clearly see the Realtek PCIe controller is installed properly. These two are the only problems in device manager and the printer only because I have chosen to install it when I need to use it. This is a factory made unit and when I D/L the driver package (all the drivers on the page for this model) over half would not install. I can not understand why that would be a problem, even if they were already installed OK it should have either said already installed or actually installed the drivers. That seems only logical to me as most things will say newer version installed or it will go ahead and install and let you know when done.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You must be wanting to connect via wireless, because the Network Controller device you see in the device manager is the wifi adapter in need of a driver.   The Realtek ethernet (wired) adapter in your screenshot is installed and working fine.

Since your model PC is a configured to order (CTO) model, that means HP could have installed one of a few different model wifi adapters.

Please post the hardware ID for the Network Controller device, so I can figure out what driver it needs.

Use this guide to find that information...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

wireless network.jpg     Here is a screenshot and the top one was already highlighted when I opened HDW ID. That should not be a problem unless I use the wireless in the desktop,correct? If so,  since I'm already on a LAN would there be a  reason I would need it? If not then don't waste your time.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

See above: was typing while you replied.

HP Recommended

You may as well install the drivers so that everything is working properly.

You would have to set up a wireless connection so if you are already connected to your network via the ethernet adapter, that wouldn't change.

You can also use the Bluetooth portion of the wifi adapter in case you need to use bluetooth for something.

You would not need to set up a wireless connection to do that.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.