Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
desktop 2540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have a 2540 series model, it wont connect to my new sky Q router, how can i connect please. scan dr. cant do it

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Steev10

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I read that your HP 2540 series model does not connect to the new Sky Q router. I'll be glad to help you with this case.

I believe you're referring to the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer. 

Please perform the steps as described in this HP article to connect the printer to a wireless network.

If the printer is already connected via USB and is working fine then you may convert the USB connection to a wireless connection. The steps from this HP article will help in achieving this. 

Hope this information helps. Please keep me posted. Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi

The usual place for me to start would be with the Gateway IP address.

If the printer connected previously thru VM or similar that had a 192.168.0.1 Gateway and Sky Q has 192.168.1.1 then the printer is on a different subnet and is in effect invisible.

So the best option is to connect via USB cable and re-install the printer and make the IP address compatible.

If in doubt please ask.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.