Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktops

Are new HP computers 64 bit or 32 bit and where is it listed in the specs?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It is the CPU architecture that determines whether a 32 or 64-bit operating system can be used.

Some entry level desktop PCs have a 32-bit Windows Operating system installed. 

Better Models with more power will have 64-bit Windows installed as a standard.

Your question does not make it clear as to what you want. Is there a specific PC you would like information about?

See the following images from  the HP online store for desktop and notebook PCs. I hope that helps you.

architecture.jpg

architecture1.jpg

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I'm shopping for a new computer running Windows 10 to replace my HP computer running Vista. I want a 64 bit machine. How do I tell from the specs which systems are 64 bit?

HP Recommended

I provided you with images that show where it  states the OS.  There isn't much more I can do. I even pointed to them with brightly colored arrows.

Use the HP online store to peruse what is available.

Click on the following link to go to the online store.

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/List.aspx?sel=DTP&ctrl=f&fc_seg_home=1

@bradeaton

Does that answer your question?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.