cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bradeaton
Level 1
5 2 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

64 bit?

HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktops

Are new HP computers 64 bit or 32 bit and where is it listed in the specs?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,643 12,405
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is the CPU architecture that determines whether a 32 or 64-bit operating system can be used.

Some entry level desktop PCs have a 32-bit Windows Operating system installed. 

Better Models with more power will have 64-bit Windows installed as a standard.

Your question does not make it clear as to what you want. Is there a specific PC you would like information about?

See the following images from  the HP online store for desktop and notebook PCs. I hope that helps you.

architecture.jpg

architecture1.jpg

I am not an HP Employee.
bradeaton
Author
Level 1
5 2 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm shopping for a new computer running Windows 10 to replace my HP computer running Vista. I want a 64 bit machine. How do I tell from the specs which systems are 64 bit?

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,643 12,405
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I provided you with images that show where it  states the OS.  There isn't much more I can do. I even pointed to them with brightly colored arrows.

Use the HP online store to peruse what is available.

Click on the following link to go to the online store.

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/List.aspx?sel=DTP&ctrl=f&fc_seg_home=1

@bradeaton

Does that answer your question?

I am not an HP Employee.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation