cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mrossi
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

8-pin PCI-E connector on Z640

HP Recommended
Z640
Linux

We would like to add a nVidia Tesla K40 to our Z640 workstation. This GPU requires a 6-pin and 8-pin  PCI-E power connectors. The power supply of the Z640 has two 6-pin connectors with only 5 pins used. Is there an adapter that we can use to convert the 6-pin connector to a 8-pin connector, possibly using the a molex connector that is currently not connected to anything?

I see from the Quick specs of the workstation that the Tesla K 40 is sold with an upgrade kit for the Z640. Which solution is employed in that kit for powering the GPU?

Also, where can I find detailed specs for the 925 W power supply of the workstation, i.e. number and Amps of 12 V rails? These specs are missing in the Quick Specks sheet and in the Service and Maintenance Guide.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
TobyB
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need the N1G35AA  or 460621-002, this adapts the 6 to an 8pin

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation