cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Mike_Montco
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Adding RAM to Desktop

HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion p6300z
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Currently this desktop has 2 2GB of RAM for a total of 4 GB; I would like to replace the RAM with 2 4GB to increase my computer's memory.  I've been told conflicting opinions on whether or not this is possible.  I'd simply like to take to 2 2GB out and replace them with 2 4GB.  Can I do so?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,128 119,305 19,484 29,773
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Not according to the specs.

Looks like the max memory per slot is 2 GB, and since your PC only has two memory slots, 4 GB would be the max.

If the system board had the optional 4 memory slots, then you could have installed 4 x 2 GB for 8 GB.

0 Kudos
Anisio
Level 4
77 77 6 8
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, your motherboard have 2 DIMMS Slots DDR2 Technology and the maximum limited by your motherboard is 4GB

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation