Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Al, after uninstalling IDT from P&F, suggest you NOT restart PC unless prompted to do so. Either way, go to Device Manager and uninstall IDT if still there (or MS Replacement) without restart, then run SP59736. OUgrad

HP Recommended

OUGrad,

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Not only does the integral mic work again, but the Beats Audio is back, albeit acting a little odd.

I unistalled the IDT Program in Programs and Features; Windows wanted me to restart so I did.  I then went to SP59736 and double clicked on it (remember I do NOT have check marks -- when I ran compatibility, I did so with a right click selection).  After a couple of minutes of nothing happening, I tried something with sound and it worked -- PHEW!

To get Beats Audio back, I went to my start menu and typed it and the icon appeared (which previously did nothing); this time it brought up the Beats Audio control panel.  I checked it out with, but, of course, Boomer Sooner, and I heard quite well!!  The odd thing is that when I am on the Beats Volume screen and I slide the  master off of zero, it takes the speaker slide to zero + a couple of other oddities-- it has been so long since I had this I don't recall if that were  problems

I can now talk to Cortana and she hears me

YOU DONE GOOD!!!!

Thank you very much!!

Is there some description of what the IDT update does -- like fix the the oddities?

Again, thank you!

Sincerely,

Al

HP Recommended

BOOMER SOONER back Al. The ground game finally prevailed, although our QB should win the Heisman this year and be a top-10 pick, first round, NFL.

IDT in Programs & Features was the road block all along. Be sure and Create a Manual Restore Point with SP59736 in the description. Only then would I try SP64878 which you should be able to Run as is - no right-click Compatibility stuff unless it fails and without opening Device Manager. You can Roll Back if no improvement, but keep it as future Windows Updates may require it for Beats to work. Here's the HP FTP info link to SP64878 with all Product Supported Models listed (a long list) and enhancements - nothing very specific, but you could try and see.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64878.html

Remember, Windows Update may replace your working Driver wth one that does not, but you can Roll Back in Device Manager and that should prevent future MS Driver replacements. If you test SP64878, do it offline so you can Roll Back. I don't think Roll Back works beyond one Driver and an MS Update could bump SP59736 from Roll Back. Your Manual Restore Point could then get it back the easiest way.

If I confirm HP SoftPaqs can be unpacked without executing/installing, I'll Post here later. It might be useful for installing Legacy Hardware Drivers in the future. OUgrad

HP Recommended

Hi Al, Regarding your comment here,

"The odd thing is that when I am on the Beats Volume screen and I slide the master off of zero, it takes the speaker slide to zero",

my master acts the same. I've been leaving my master at zero. My IDT sp57966 Driver should be older than your sp59736.

OUgrad

HP Recommended

I had to open another HP Discussion Thread to confirm, but there is an easy way to extract/unpack HP softPaq.exe Files without executing/installing the SoftPaq. 7-Zip Freeware is the solution - see here - tested it myself.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-Unpack-an-HP-SoftPaq-WITH...

This might help with Legacy Hardware Installation in Windows 10 because it prevents Windows 10 interference with installing Drivers the normal way as experienced above. For Legacy Installation Steps, see my Posts above on 6/17/17 and 7/5/17 (9:44 AM). Stay offline while doing this so Windows Update doesn't interfere as well. OUgrad

HP Recommended

OUGrad,

Once again, thank you very much!!

I have saved the link you sent as well as the 7-exe link for future use.

Now that I have the IDT driver working, the best is that I have the integrated mic working again!

Sincerely appreciate your tenacity and helpfulness!

HP Recommended

You are MOST WELCOME Al and thanks for your feedback - OUgrad

HP Recommended

OUGrad,

It is I again; sorry to keep coming back!

Well, Beats Audio is alive and well and sound works OK, but there are two things that I just can not figure out:

• First, there are some sound files that are barely audible until I engage Spatial sound, using Windows Sonic for Headphones; in addiiton, this tends to make the sound produced fuller/richer and the subwoofer wokrs quite well -- with my Sooning Booming along :generic:  The problem is that for some reason the Spatial sound setting won't stay applied:smileysad:
  • The other item has been a real enigma.  If I want to record the sound from my PC, I can record fine using the integrated microphone, except that it does sound a little off -- hollow, sort of "echo chambery", BUT I can live with that.  The real challenge is when I make the Sound Card (IDK Stereo card) and try to record, I get a loud feedback echo that I can't get out of -- either I have to restart or restore back to the point when I didn't try this -- fortunately, there is System Restore.    I have tried all different settings on the plaback devices, recording devices and audio software (have tried Audacity and WavPad since I have been unable to retrieve the the sound software that came with PC).

Hate to come back to you again, but welcome your thoughts.  Is there a specific set of settings across the various items that you suggest?  Should I try the newer driver?  Is there away I can get the orginal audio software? 

Once, again, thank you very much

HP Recommended
Hi Al, maybe some other Users can chime in here too. I just listen with Beats and don't use all the features you do. I go back and forth between Music and Voice under Listening Experience and have a Custom Setting with Equalizer, but that's all the tweaking I do. I only use the Mic for Cortana. RE: Your first question, I just clicked Sound to get to Spatial options. Win10 sometimes gives me this message when I click Sound - "Windows has detected that audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems: Internal Mic (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC). Audio enhancements for this device have been disabled. Would you like to reenable?" I always click Yes. I then opened Sound, highlighted Speakers & Headphones, Properties, Spatial sound Tab, selected Windows Sonic for Headphones, the Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound box was checked automatically, clicked Apply, OK, rebooted and everything stayed the same for me. Did you click Apply? Next I opened/closed Beats, rebooted, clicked Sound, got the same message quoted above, but all was still the same with Spatial sound. RE: Your second question, no idea how you might get the original sound software back, unless you want to use your Recovery Disc Set - lots of work and remember what I said above about contacting MS regarding Win10 License before. The newer IDT Driver might be worth a try, but set a Manual Restore Point first in case no help and the Roll Back Driver option is not there. OUgrad
HP Recommended

Notebook HP Stream 14-z000nl  windows 10 32 bit  Ho un problema con l'audio, la cartella ha anche programmi, non apre nulla, non ho più il pannello di controllo beat audio, come posso risolverlo?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.