Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HPE372F
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I've upgraded from W7 to W10 last year.  Recently I got the blue screen and brought to Best Buy who claimed that it was hard disk failure and suggest to change the disk.

After changed to Kingston SSD and re-install W10, I encountered the blue or black screen whenever I need to restart my PC.

I tried to restore to W7 using the original restore CD but it failed due to not recognising the hardware.  I have already reinstalled W10 many times but blue or black screen still exist.

I contacted MS on this but they claimed that it is PC issue not W10.  Now I am stuck and don't know what to do.  Please help how to fix.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Are you able to enter the BIOS screen by tapping F10 or Esc immediately after pressing the physical start button?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I can go to BIOS information.  I tried to get any BIOS updated in HP site.  It seems there is none.  What is the next step?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@teshp

According to the HP Product page for your PC, it came with Win7 -- and HP only produces BIOS upgrades for the OS versions that come preinstalled on their PCs.  So, even if there was a BIOS upgrade, it would only work with Win7.

Also, the HP restore function won't work if you try to restore to a smaller capacity SSD than the original HDD that came with the PC.

Since you can get into the BIOS, then try pressing F2 to run diagnostics, as it looks like there is more wrong with your PC than just the HDD.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

While in the BIOS, can you run a diagnostic of the replaced SSD drive?

If that comes back as OK then I would wonder why it will not install.  Are tyou using the Windows 10 install media from Microsoft?

Make it from here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.