Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6 2290ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Black screen, been through all HP support steps, PC power light comes on and  stays on but adjacent orange lights goes out after few seconds. no image on screen, F10 etc steps no reaction - probably not able to receive keyboard instructions.

Please help, lots of valuable files only partially backed up. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @peterbrad,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having boot issue after the recent windows update, I'll be really glad to help you with this,

Let's start by performing a Hard reset on the notebook.

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset." Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. Turn off the computer completely; disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

2. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

3. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

• If the computer starts, you are done.

• If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, continue the troubleshooting.

Attempt a Bios Recovery

Run the System Diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2: (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance: Computer Starts but Monitor/Screen Remains Blank: Click here

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10, 😎 - Click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying Biswajeet but sadly the steps i have all tried but they do not help. Does the fact te keyboard is wireless matter - would an old usb wired one help?  I have checked the RAM they are fine, the hard drive is spinning, I do not think it is a hardware issue as it happened after a very long wait for windows 10 to update. Please help! Peter

HP Recommended

Hi @peterbrad,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would suggest you turn off the computer and then boot into safe mode and then uninstall the recent windows update. Restart the PC and check if it works.

HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎 - Click here

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.