Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
z640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have a HP slimline Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and the mouse has had an erratic connection for some time, slow and jittery. Its not constant, but is quite regular and is disruptive to work.

I have now discovered that the issue gets really really bad when I plug in my external harddrive to a USB port at the same time. 

The batteries were replaced about 4 months ago, so should be good, and this issue has been going on for a long time. I have also tried swapping USB ports (front and back) for the dongle. The laser hole has been cleaned and I've tried the reconnect button.  I also installed the HP drivers for the Keyboard and mouse, but I'm not convinced they did anything!

I'd appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions on things to try.

Its a HP C7000 Wireless Elite Desktop Combo V2:
Computers http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-wireless-elite-v2-desktop-p-qb355aa-abl--1

Thanks,

Alex

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey there! @AlexLegg, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you have Bluetooth connection issues with your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried connecting the receiver to different USB ports?

Try connecting the receiver from rear USB ports to back of your workstation and check if it helps.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot wireless keyboard and mouse issues.

I'll watch your reply!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks MrRobot,

I have tried different ports, and I didnt work. I'll have a look at thes eother solutions when I get home.

The facet that it gets a lot worse when a EHDD is plugged in, mkae sme think that somehting else is going on....

Alex

HP Recommended

@AlexLegg, Thanks for your quick response and time.

Have you tried connecting wireless mouse and keyboard to a different PC and check if the issue persist?

Please try the steps recommended in the previous thread and let me know how it goes.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay, its beena busy few weeks and I've not used the computer much.

Still no luck with those solutions.

Most of the time, the mouse is fine, but when I plug an external hard drive in, thats when I get the bad lag (most of the time). So I'd guess there could be some sort of driver issue maybe?

HP Recommended

@AlexLegg, Thanks for your generous response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Click Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth
On your computer, open the Bluetooth program. The Bluetooth program is usually found either in Control Panel or the Settings app.
If the unresponsive Bluetooth device is listed, select it and then click Remove device.
To reconnect the device to your computer, press and hold the Connect button on the underside of the device for a few seconds. When the light on top of the device blinks red and green, the device is discoverable to other Bluetooth devices for 2 minutes.
In the Bluetooth program, wait until the Bluetooth device shows up in the list, click the device, use the option to add a new device.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still no luck I'm afraid.

It didnt have a bluetooth section, but I did find an HP Link-5 Micro Reciever in 'connected decices'

I removed this, but the problem still exists.

I think it might be easier to replace the mouse with a wired one!

HP Recommended

@AlexLegg, I'm glad you got back. I was awaiting for your response.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Have you tried connecting the receiver to the different USB ports on your PC and check if it listed under device manager?

If the issue still persists it is a hardware issue with the wireless receiver you have to replace the receiver.

Also, you can use a wired mouse as an alternate.

Have a great weekend ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, thanks, I'll give it a try!

HP Recommended

@AlexLegg, Thanks for your response and time.

Please take your time and try out the steps.

If you have any concerns please get back to us.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.