Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 27-inch
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I've been reading the blogs about this because so many people are reporting the same issue. When I hook up my Macbook Pro 13 inch to my HP Pavilion 27-inch monitor the text is insanely blurry!! I've already tried the trick to turn 'off' the dynamic contrast ratio - done. Part 2 is to turn 'off' Custom Scaling. This isn't possible because the custom scaling feature is greyed out. 

Is there a software I can download to fix this problem? When I go to the HP site, nothing is listed for Mac downloads. 

Or if I bought a hdmi to dvi adapter... would this fix my problem? 

Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm at the point I'm going to return this monitor soon! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Jos_830-1

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you are having issues with the display on the monitor.

I’d love to help!

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score. 

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Step 1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and the wall
Step 2. Hold the power button down for at least one minute
Step 3. Plug the power cord back into the monitor and then into the wall outlet (not a power bar or surge protector)
Step 4. Press the Menu button on the monitor
Step 5. Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select it
Step 6. Try a different cable connecting your monitor to your computer

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! I'm traveling on business, but will try this once I return! 🙂 

HP Recommended

Hi @Jos_830-1

Thank you for keeping me posted.

Please try the steps whenever you get time and update me with the results.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.