Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I've done this before with a Dell netbook with Win 7 starter on it. So i'm not exactly new to this.
HP Recommended

I too am having this problem on a HP Pavilion Elite HPE running Windows 7.  Before seeing this post I tried the same things and seeing that someone said problem solved I went back and tried again.  With the USB pen in the computer (I tried every port available) I restarted the computer, got into the boot options and have never yet seen the USB ports listed as an available option.  Any other ideas?  the USB does have a boot program on it but my computer does not recognize it on start up and does not give me the option to boot from a USB port.  Please help.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi. I have an HP Pavillion 6710f Desktop PC running Windows 7 Home Premium.

I just want to know how to open boot options from startup so I can boot from my USB. I wanted to run Chromium OS.

HP Recommended

Nevermind. I knew where the boot options are. You just have to press Escape at startup.

HP Recommended

Greetings.

Came here because of similar problem with recently purchased Pavilion 550-a114. It came pre loaded with windows 10 and the customer didn't want 10 they wanted 7. So off on a search I went, checked the internet, made phone calls even talked to professors @ local college. No luck! None of their solutions or the ones here would work.

Here is what did work: Boot your machine and enter the BIOS config. Turn off boot security and enable legacy support. Go into your boot order and disable all but legacy devices. Reboot the machine with the thumb drive in.

Hope this helps!!!!

Edit: Almost forgot the following complications. I used a legal windows 7 disk image from microsoft it however did not come with drivers for most of the newer components in the system. It set up what it did recognize as default drivers with limited functionality. It did not recognize either the network controller or the wireless controller so even though I was physically connected to a network I couldn't connect to download updated drivers. I ended up simply installing a 2nd network card I had laying around and used that to gain connection and download updates.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.