Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27-A027C All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchased this refurbished All-in-One yesterday and am doing my initial set up.   The built in Intel RealSense Camera does not work. 

First noticed this when I tried the MS Camera App and got back the error message "We can't find your camera.  Check to be sure it's connected and installed properly, that it isn''t being blocked by antivirus software, and that your camera drivers are up to date.  If you need it, here is the error code:  0xA00F4244(oxC00D36D5).

So I have been troubleshooting.  The Anti-Virus is the McAfee that came pre-installed.  I perused the firewall section of its configuration panel and saw nothing to suggest McAfee was blocking the camera.

Then I went online to HP support.   Note: The troubleshooting section for built-in all-in-one cameras is non-existent.  The troubleshooting info for external cameras was not helpful.  But I did find advice at HP to go into my device manager and reinstall or update the camera drivers.   So, I went into the Windows Defice Manager.   There is no camera driver listed either under Imaging Devices or Sound, Video, Game Controllers, the two places suggested to look.  In fact, the only related driver I can find is under System Devices there is an "Intel RealSense Camera Virtual Bus Enumerator".  That probably isn't it, but I updated driver anyway and was told by system I already had the current driver (for whatever that driver does.)

I tried using the camera with other software, including Skype, which also reports it cannot find a camera.  [Note: yes there is a physical camera embedded in the all-in-one].

Then I came to this discussion form.  In the thread

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Built-In-Camera-for-All-In0One-...

there was related discussion.  "Mr Robot", I presume an auto responder, suggested installing Intel RealSense SR300 DCM drivers.  So I clicked on the link in that thread to install the RealSense drivers.  I downloaded and ran the Intel installation program which started to install Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager SR300.  Then it reported I have a newer version on my PC so it aborted the installation.  

So, two hours in now, I am looking for some help.   How do I get the Intel RealSense Depth camera on this All-in-One to work?  The basic troubleshooting advice of updating drivers doesn't work as there are no drivers in the Device Manager for me to update.   And I have not been able to find current drivers on either the HP or Intel websites to install.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Danny-inChicago

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and I understand that webcam is not working on your computer.

I’d love to help!

I recommend you to download and install the webcam driver from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nxCriD

Let me know how it goes. Looking forward to your reply.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.