Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23 P0330na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone

I'm trying to extend the display FROM my work laptop (Lenovo T400p) TO my HP Pavilion (23 P0330na)

I've seen videos on youtube explaining how to do this the other way round (HP to Lenovo in my case) but I can't even get it to work that way round!

I realsied that the HP Pavilion does not have a VGA or HDMI port, so I purchased a Graphics ADapter with VGA one end and USB3.0 on the other

The softwarde of the Graphics ADapater is Fresco Logic FL2000 which has installed on my HP Pavilion fine. Drivers up to date and device is 'working'

The display adapter on BOTH devices is the Intel HD Graphics 4600. Again I have uninstalled and refrreshed the drivers on both devices but it doesnt make a difference. But perhaps crucially....both are running different drivers...

Lenovo laptop is running Windows 7 Professional, whereas the Pavilion is running Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Currently I have the VGA attached to the Lenovo and then the other end VGA into the Graphics Adapter and into USB 3.0 port on the HP Pavilion (I know it's the right port as it has the 'S' symbol next to it)

My gut is telling me this is the wrong way round and that the only thing I could possibly achieve is to extend the HP to the Lenovo....but then even that is not working!

Because the LEnovo is a work laptop I am limited in what I can access, but updating all the drivers or even rolling back didn't help. I cannot access bios or anything as I'm restricted.

Is it impossible to do? I would be great to be able to work at home and dual screen with my HP Pavilion as the second screen....

Thanks for anyones help in advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sorry I should have added...

When all plugged in the Lenovo is doing a strange thing....it recognises another device (which appears in the device list as "Display Monitor PNP" but it only flashes up before it disappears and the screen goes back to normal.

It does this over and over, almost like its connecting and disconnecting over and over...

The HP Pavilion screen just looks normal but I cannot open anything when the two devices are connected....

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.