Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did the same  - works fine BUT the temperature is too high - on idle stays on 48 C and on max load rise up to 96-100 C! Seems like the cooler is not designed for this CPU. Any solution for this?

Thanks

HP Recommended
I put mine in a new case and temps have been wonderful
HP Recommended
Did you put new thermal paste on the cpu?
I used Arctic MX-4 and my fan is almost always quit and my CPU temperature never exceeded the 70's °C range even at full load for long periods of time.
HP Recommended
Yes I did, I used the same. But I put it in a big case with good airflow and a new psu
HP Recommended
I didn't change the case and it stays cool as a champ 😉
HP Recommended
I just did it so I could fit a graphics card in 😉
HP Recommended
I understand, because with the low prifile you have limited options to choose from and most of them are not powerful either.
HP Recommended
Correct. The machine runs brilliantly in the larger case.
HP Recommended

I did, I cleanup sufraces on cpu and radiator with alcohool and apply artic ceramic2- updated the bios (before install new cpu), replaced the cooler with a brand new one from another machine exactly the same still no improvement - the machine runs hot - did not changhed the case nor the psu because they are brand new (unused). At this point I could try to change the thermal paste with arctic mx4 if you say it should make such a difference...

HP Recommended

My CPU runs in the 20s range celsius at idle and low load and max at 74 degree celsius when I use CPU stress and benchmarking programs like CPU-Z for more than two minutes. I have to say I use the PC in an airconditioned office where it is about 24 celsius all the time and I run windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.