Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite 7300 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I want to get a graphics card for my Elite 7300 MT, and o've chose the rx 470, however i'm concerned about the comptability with the motherboard since i've seen many people complaining from gpus not working wheb added to the same type of motherboard in this pc.
The bios doesn't have UEFI.
So will upgrading with this card work or will i have comptability issues ?
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The AMD RX 4xx series is not going to work in your PC.

Open up your PC and read the lable on the power supply.  What is the total wattage? Once that is known then look for a legacy graphics card that will work with your power supply. While the PC is open, measure inside so that you know what size graphics card will fit.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Yes o know about the power supply and i'm willing to replace it with a 500w one, and the card will fit in the case.
However my concern as i said is comptability with the motherboard, and after extensive research i found that because hp stop offering bios updates after a short while all new gpus won't work.
The sad thing is a lot of other manufacturers prebuilt PCs don't have this problem.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.