cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Taviiaria
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can not find controller drive to reinstall windows

HP Recommended
Hp 2000
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have the same harddrive, I change it like 5 months ago... I run a check and the test is passed, so i guess the hardrive is good. However I bought a installing windows 8 disc and want to install windows 8 back. but the laptop is not picking up the controller drive to install the windows 8 into it.. How do I get it??.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> HP 2000

Exactly what model-number?

See: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-2000-200-notebook-pc-series/5091493/model/511892...

for "HP 2000-219DX Notebook PC".  On that page:

Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB
USB-Windows 7 64-bit Recovery Kit
System Recovery Kit for Consumer Desktop

This specific model originally was shipped with Windows 7, not Windows 8.

From where did you purchase a copy of Windows 8?  Is it a genuine "retail" version?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation