cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sandra1950
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Cd/DVDs drive

HP Recommended
Hp all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Put the printer cd in the drive, now the drive open, but no cd. Where did it go? Is it stuck ? How do I get it out? Help, thanks

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,965 88,221 12,302 26,148
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally for AIO machines, the CD/DVD drives are trayless. Can you still can see under File Explorer ?

• If yes, simply right click it and select Eject.
  • If no, then it dropped inside; retrieving it could be a huge task (a) Remove the back and (b) carefully take it out.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
bigredkate
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is exactly what happened with mine.  What didyou do??

bigredkate
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried ejecting several times and nothing - the CD is still inside.  It does not seem to harm the computer, I can still work on it.  It does notshow anything is in there but I know it is!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation