Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq 6000
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello

I am dealing with 2 beeps of Compaq 6000 desktop tower. 

I tried to remove every components step by step and the beeps are still there. I removed one and the two memories, then I removed the hard disk and DVD connections and nothing. Also I've tested the power supply with a multimeter and the wirtes give the expected tension (V) (12V and 5V), I did a bridge and the power supply works.

I uploaded this video: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=1zf6ly%3E&s=9#.Vvj11OKLRrY

Please any other idea to repair this unit?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I see in the official manual that this two beeps could be about heating problems.

http://www.manualguru.com/hp/compaq-6000-pro-small-form-factor-pc/troubleshooting/page-58

Red Power LED flashes two

times, once every second,
followed by a two second
pause. Beeps stop after fifth
iteration but LEDs continue
until problem is solved

=>

Processor thermal protection activated: A fan may be blocked or not turning. OR The heatsink/fan assembly is not properly attached to the processor.

=>

1. Ensure that the computer air vents are not blocked and the processor cooling fan is running.
2. Open hood, press power button, and see if the processor fan spins. If the processor fan is not spinning, make sure the fan's cable is plugged onto the system board header.
3. If fan is plugged in, but is not spinning, then replace heatsink/fan assembly.
4. Contact an authorized reseller or service provider.

Then FAN works if I plug to external power supply, on the computer it tries to work, it move a little but then stops.

HP Recommended

I replace with new thermal grease and nothing.

Also I tested the fans with the power supply and works.

I don't know what is going on.

HP Recommended

Hello? No comments?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Same problem... any ideas?

Tx

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.