Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq CQ5110F
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently upgraded my computer completely. I am running

windows 10 home 64bit, upgraded from windows 7 Home Premium.

1 TB WD HDD,

Compaq M2N68-LA Rev 5.00 513426-001 Rev A01 Motherboard Narra5-GL6 ,

4GB matching RAM,

AMD Phenom II X4-925 CPU-2.8GHz

Cooler Master Geminii M4 Low Profile CPU Cooler

New power supply upgrade 480watts

My problem is this. After running windows 10 clean install, I noticed that the graphics driver was not being installed. I went to device manager to see if I could upgrade the drivers from there but when I tried it shows windows 10 basic graphics driver, and it said the best driver is installed. so, I came to HP support and looked up drivers for CQ5110F windows 10 home 64bit and found no windows 10 drivers. So, I tried to instal windows 7 64bit  graphics driver download. I figured maybe that will help me, when I went to instll the windows 7 version I was confronted with an error saying this computer has blocked this publisher for your safety (paraphrasing)  and it continues to say it for EVERY DRIVER. I do not know how to shut off the publisher block... or find windows 10 updates for my model.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

You shoild probably use most of the drivers which windows will automatically install. For the graphics try this driver which was originally for 8.1.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/56378

If any of the devices are not working, let me know and see if we can find some drivers.

Hope this helps,

David

HP Recommended

That driver did work... but why wont any other driver install. I keep getting the admistrator has blocked this publisher from installing anything on my pc... etc. now i do appreciate the driver you gave me because it did work... my problem is that i have a graphics card that works on my older compaq sr1950nx but WILL NOT work on the compaq cq5110f... i even set the bios to run pci-e x16. i think that the graphics card not working and the drivers not installing are related... but i cant figure out how to fix it.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I think that if you are trying to install older drivers on your system, the digital signature may no longer be valid and windows blocks them. You could try installing as administrator by right-clicking on setup. However I think it is a better idea to try to find drivers for the devices. First see what devices you need or want drivers for. You can use a program such as AIDA64 or Speccy to see the exact names of the devices and then try to find the devices. 

I would only install drivers for devices which are actually not working and audio and video drivers. I replied in other post about graphic card.

let me know,

David

HP Recommended

In all honesty I am setting this PC up to be a streaming media PC netflix, hulu, youtube etc... I just want this to stream good hence the upgraded parts... i just would like to get my graphics card up and running... but my motherboard wont read it or switch from onboard video to pci-e x16 video... and thats what brought me to installing drivers. and when i got to HP drivers i came across the problem of them not installing, getting the error "your system does not meet the operating system requirements update has been cancelled (9998)."  Or I get "This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine."  I am going to try those steps you have suggested here and in my other post... I appreciate the help if I can get this graphics card to work. all will be right in the world... 

HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer for the drivers not running issue would be this...

Download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, download and save, but do not run the driver files you want to try.

Right click on the driver file and select 7-Zip from the menu.

Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp#####).

Once that is done, try manually updating each driver you want to try from the devices that need drivers in the device manager.

For example...let's do the W7 graphics driver...download the graphics driver you want.

Have 7-Zip extract to: and let it extract the file to its folder name.

Go to the device manager and click to expand the display adapters device manager category.

Click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and see if the driver installs that way.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.