Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-30-2017 05:25 AM
I currently have the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 Ghz cpu installed and was wondering whether there is a more faster cpu I could upgrade to - does anyone out there have a list of compatible cpu's for my Hp compaq 6000 pro sff- AT492AV
small form factor desktop PC ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-30-2017 05:40 AM
HERE IS THE SPEC PAGE for that model showing the possible CPU choices. There are some listed that will improve on the E8400. You could even jump into the next group and install a Intel Core 2 Quad Processor
I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.
02-04-2019 09:55 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP