Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP-21
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

My system has never been fast, but lately it seems to have gotten twice as slow.  Have dumped the temp files; cut down the number of open windows; changed the scheduled time of AV scans; etc.

It only has 4Gb of RAM.  Is it worth upgrading ?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@JetDoctor

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand your computer has a slow performance,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

Did you check with any related forums post or an HP article to find a solution to your concern?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've done all of the "normal" things" to enhance the performance.  What I want to know is if it's worth upgrading the RAM  Or should I just write this off to a bad experience ?  After fighting with this for the past 2-3 years, it seems that an all-in-one + touch-screen probably needs way more than the 4Gb of RAM that it came with.

HP Recommended

@JetDoctor

Thank you for replying,

I'm not sure what you mean by "normal things" considering the link I had shared included re-installation of windows,

Please elaborate on the steps you've done so that I may be in a better position to help you out.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The link does not open anything.  I get:  404 PAGE NOT FOUND error messages.

If you read my original post; I've dumped the temp files & cookies; cut down the number of open browser windows to just 2-4; virus scans are up-to-date.  This is NOT something that just happend.  Its never been fast.

So, my original question remains:  Is it worth upgrading the RAM since it only has 4Gb ?????

HP Recommended

@JetDoctor

Thank you for responding,

I'm not sure why the link didn't work for you, Although, it works just fine for me, perhaps you should give that link another try, that said, You haven't provided the model name or the product number as I had requested earlier and without those details there's no way for me to get your product specifications.

If you are sure that the computer you have currently has 4GB, then depending on what you use the computer for you may want to upgrade the same after confirming the motherboard specifications and how much RAM it can handle.

To improve your system performance without adding extra Ram, try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

From my very first post:

Computer is very slow responding [ Edited ]
Options
‎05-19-2017 10:02 AM - edited ‎05-19-2017 10:04 AM
Product Name: HP-21
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
My system has never been fast, but lately it seems to have gotten twice as slow. Have dumped the temp files; cut down the number of open windows; changed the scheduled time of AV scans; etc.

It only has 4Gb of RAM. Is it worth upgrading ?

Highlights added.

HP Recommended

@JetDoctor

Thank you for "highlighting" the details, 

However, the reason I'm asking you for the product information is because what you've mentioned is not enough!

I need a Product number as described on the link I had shared in my first post

And I understand this could be frustrating going back and forth but please keep in mind that I'm only here to help and I cannot help if I don't have the information I need, besides, I have already answered your question with regards to upgrading your RAM on my previous post: Click here to view my previous post.

Let me highlight that for you as you were kind enough to do it for me: 
"If you are sure that the computer you have currently, has 4GB, then depending on what you use the computer for you may want to upgrade the same after confirming the motherboard specifications and how much RAM it can handle.

To improve your system performance without adding extra Ram,
try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here
".

I hope this helps.
Keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.