Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
23-q014a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I have had a number of issues that last few weeks with Stopcodes - and I cannot seem to resolve them.

The first was bcmwl63s.sys - I reinstalled the previous Broadcom adaptor as advised - and the seens to have resolved (my Avast Security does advise me each time I startup that it has found the new Broadcom and sets it).

Then the Memory Management BSOD kept shutting down the PC when we were on the Internet. I ran the F2 memory tests as advised, then increased the standard maximum allowed on virtual memory as advised (yesterday) this seemed to have resolved that one.

However the computer is again shutting down with BSOD - Harddisk failure. I have run the F2 tests and it passed. (screen dumps attached). 

We also got the BSOD - :No boot disk has been detected or failed" we ran the component tests and it passed and then started okay - however still have the Hard disk BSOD today.

I am worried the whole computer will just not start again ever! Is there something I can do to fix or do I need an expert to look at it?? Thx

Hard Disk Failure.jpgWindows Diagnos.jpg

2017-02-27.pngThx

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @kiwichick1274,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.\

I understand you are getting a blue screen error message on your HP All in one computer. I'll try my best to help you with this,

First off, Hats off to you for a job well done as you have tried the basic troubleshooting steps and checked settings on the unit, before posting the query in the HP forums. It is amazing to see how technically competent you are. It is always a privilege to work with tech-savvy customers like you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any software or hardware changes made on the PC?

Was there any update/reset interrupted recently?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the PC

Run the System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2.

Depending on the test results, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thx Biswajeet. It happened again last night so I ran the Hard Disk extensive and passed all tests. I ran the Memory one (extensive a few days ago and it passed also)

Have you made any software or hardware changes made on the PC? Downloaded Goodgle Chrome 2 weeks ago - but was already shutting down with the BCOM STopcode.

Was there any update/reset interrupted recently? NO that I can recall

When was the last time it worked (date)? Probably Dec 16

Cheers

kiwchick1274

HP Recommended

Hi @kiwichick1274,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I see that you have run the extensive test on the Hard drive and it passed without any errors, as well as you have followed the other steps suggested and still having the same issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.