Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
H

My hp computer keeps trying to update, but it's stuck on 0%. Will not update....

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Yahudah

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand you have an HP computer and tries to perform updates and is stuck at 0% and does not proceed. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • What operating system are you presently using?
  • Is it trying to perform Windows updates or updates released by HP?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to use the HP Support Assistant to perform updates on your HP computer. Please refer to this link to use the HP Support Assistant. 

I hope this information helps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
Can't do anything, my computer will not even come on. As soon as it comes on it says updating and will not proceed part 0%.
HP Recommended

@Yahudah,

You were asked by @MKazi to state the exact model number of the HP computer, and what was being updated. It's a simple question.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended
If your a tech you have poor people skills, of not you should mind your own business. I was responding to the statement he made about going to the support assistance that he suggested. But as always outs someone who has to be smarter then they actually are butting in everyone else's business. Is you're not trying to help, keep your comments to yourself!
HP Recommended
Also I don't know what's being updated because it started updating by itself.
HP Recommended
Product no. G4A91AA#ABA
Model no. 400-314
HP Recommended
Also know the operating system....
HP Recommended
Oh wait Windows 8 I believe
HP Recommended

@Yahudah,

As HP Support Assistant is a program, and your unable to regain control of the unit,  I would suggest you force a shutdown, and unplug the power cord.  Hold down the power switch 30-45 sec. Then attempt to re-boot.

The question about model # and OS was to verify original configuration.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.