cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Artofshadow
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Computer restarting when playing games like Dota/CS

HP Recommended
Z420
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all, I'm running a HP Z420, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 V2 @  3.70 GHZ.

Recently as of late, my computer kept  "blacking out" without a BSOD while playing Dota/CS even when I had the "automatically restart" unchecked in my "Startup & Recovery" section.

I have monitored my GPU's temperature, and at peak its around 69 deg celcius while gaming, so I don't think it's an overheat issue. Below is the minidump file, I'd appreciate if anyone can give me advice about this as it's so frustrating.

My GPU is Getforce 770 GTX 

On Sun 14/05/2017 6:32:13 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051417-16785-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys(nvlddmkm+0x14A884)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800CBD80B0, 0xFFFFF8801114D884, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 350.12
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 350.12
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 350.12 , NVIDIA Corporation).

P.S. Please take note that I rollback my drivers to an older date, as I tried updating to the latest drivers but without avail. Any solution or help towards my issue would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation